So, here is my summer reading challenge. It's what I'm personally undertaking and bringing into a daily discipline during these months.
|This is the Springdale Tree in the Springdale neighborhood|
on Indianapolis' Near Eastside. It is along Brookside Drive
South. To me, this is the grandest tree in Indiana.
Care to join me in this summer exercise?
Here are the daily practices:
1. Read four newspaper or news magazine articles daily. Online editions are fine. Focus: news. Op-ed pieces don't count. Sports pieces don't count. Celeb stuff doesn't count. Read the whole article.
2. Read one chapter in a novel or nonfiction book daily. A whole chapter. Like it or not.
3. Read in your Scriptures daily.
4. Write at least a page-length of something or to someone daily. Not work-related. Not texting. Not basic emailing.
5. Spend an hour alone and unplugged daily. No reading. No electronic media. No music. Just you, alone.
At the end of August, let me know your response to this exercise. I'll blog my experience here, too.