THE POLITICS OF THE CROSS IN DAILY PRACTICE
The following observations and practices will take some explanation and contextualizing, but I don't have the time right now. Perhaps I can develop them if I have time this week. Like most of my reflections on bikehiker, these are written on the fly, in the margins. Sometimes I have the time and spirit to draw them out; sometimes, they're just there for some future gleaning.
1. Don’t reduce the Gospel to partisan power plays and divisiveness.
2. Don’t disengage because you disagree or apparently can’t “win.”
3. Examine every idea, proposal, or answer through the filter of the cross.
4. Ask: Am I acting on my fears, or choosing from trust in Jesus and God’s future?
5. With your choices, words, and actions, be the difference Jesus is making in you and the world.
Photo: this photo of a chalk drawing is one of numerous expressions of the cross at www.thecross-photo.com